Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Spotlight: On The Pierces



Now why is it that I have never talked about this duo?

After the first song I've heard from these two (Secret), I was completely hooked.

They have a style completely their own, and that shows creativity.

The duo comprises of two sisters - Allison and Catherine Pierce who hail from Birmingham, Alabama.

So far, they have had 3 albums - The Pierces, Light of the Moon, and Thirteen Tales of Love and Revenge.

The duo appeared on Gossip Girl, performing two of their songs (and personal favourites of mine) - Secret and Three Wishes.

What I like about this band is that they are unconventional. And I love that.


This is a very sinister song that talks about keeping secrets.

The beauty of it isn't that it sounded evil.

The thing is, it's meant to sound evil. Yet it's just so cool you can't help but like it.

I predict great things for this band. Not in the mainstream, I think.

But Indie. Definitely Indie.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com