Thursday, March 04, 2010

You Take My Breath Away

Check it! it's Rachael Yamagata's newest song!



You Take My Troubles Away by Rachael Yamagata and Dan Wilson.

Part of the soundtrack from Dear John. :)

This song has a very light and easy tune, a huge difference from Ms. Yamagata's last duet with Ray LaMontagne.



Duet, from the New Moon soundtrack, which has a very sorrowful tune.

I actually expected You Take My troubles Away to be about as emo as Duet, but I was wrong.


Old words
when there's so much to tell,
and I don't know when I'll be there again.

In life, when you're driven away,
Will you recognize the one who returns?
Sweet one,
the beauty that you are in the dawn
Dear love,
all I ask is that you hold on.

Nonetheless, it is still a beautiful song.

However, I don't really hear much of Dan Wilson's vocals.

It was more like Rachael's voice was highlighted throughout the song,

And Dan Wilson was more of "background music".

Or it could be because Rachael's voice is very distinct.

Other than that I have no problems. :)

From the moment I heard about it, I've been searching frantically all over Google to have a listen at this song. Needless to say, I wasn't very successful.

That is, until Chester posted it up on my wall for me.

For that I am very grateful indeed. :)

2 comments:

Chester Chin said...

lol i stumbled upon it when i was stalking her official website rachealyamagata.com when i found out she was featured on the soundtrack of 'dear john', i quickly "rushed out" and get the "digital copy"

Eileen said...

when i found out about it, it wasn;t out yet. haha... i want it on my mp4! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com