Monday, March 08, 2010

The "Anything Lah" Persona

I love people with opinions, don't you?

I mean life would be so boring without them.

You can argue and debate them.

Which is why I like opinionated people.

They have minds of their own.

They think differently.

Mereka mempunyai PENDAPAT.

I have this thing, when I start talking to an unopinionated person, and when the fella starts agreeing with everything I say, I'd get irritated.

I mean, if you really do agree with me on everything then fine la.

I'm talking about people who don't give an opinion every time, even when they're asked for it.

Like in a discussion with teammates, you turn to everyone after making a long winded speech about Why Pig Can Fly, and ask: "Am I right???"

All of them say, "YES YOU ARE SO RIGHT I AGREE COMPLETELY!"

Okay maybe this isn't such a good example.

But what if after that you continuing by saying how you think the pigs can fly, and the ways you think they can do it.

And you turn to them and ask: "what do you think?"

And they say: "Oh I dunno. Whatever you say."

And they say the same thing to every topic you have.

I don't know about you, but I found it very annoying.

And boring.

I mean, don't you people have any suggestions?

Any "actually, I think...."?

No?

It's like talking to robots.

No thoughts.

No feelings.

Got la, but they follow everything the first person says.

Like a flock of sheep, really.

There's got to be something more up in that noggin' RIGHT??

Isn't that what the human brain is for (I am not saying that they are stupid, please don't take this personally.)?

If we were all under the oppression of some ruthless leader then I can understand.

But we're not.

We happen to be (almost) free individuals with the ability to think and speak (well, with limits) freely.

So isn't there anything that you people can have an opinion on?

It's okay to be neutral.

I'm not saying being "flexible" isn't okay.

All I'm saying is that we each need to have some sort of opinion on things.

Not to say you MUST have an opinion on EVERYTHING lah.

But I'm sure that when someone starts a debate, you'd have an opinion on SOMETHING right?

So, speak your mind.

No one's gonna kill you for it.

Well, unless you do it at the wrong time or to the wrong person.

That's a whole different thing.

Even speaking your mind needs a modicum of tact.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually I think... Actually.. I think.. that I've an opinion. haha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com