Friday, March 12, 2010

Where IS the Music Industry Headed?



Now can someone PLEASE explain to me WHY they kicked him out?

I don't follow the AI series that much (my schedule is borderline crazy. So it's a privilege if I get to watch anything on the television), and in this season, I only managed to watch the first episode.

This was the ONE guy who made me actually go WOW.

If it were humanly possible to melt just like that, I would have.

Out of all the contestants I watched in that episode, he was the one I remembered the most.

Because of his great voice. His ever so melting Oh My Great Granny voice.

He IMPROVED Joan Osbourne's "What If God Was One of Us".

In my books, you had to be really really good to surpass the singer of a good song.

And I thought hey, this guy has talent.

Despite the fact that he still needs to learn to control his voice, the fact remains that this dude has raw talent.

Few more lessons and he'd be mind-blowingly great.

So when I got the news from a friend yesterday (yes lah I live in a cave), I was pissed.

Because they kicked him out for a stupid reason.

They. Freaking. Edited. His. Video. And. Made. Him. Look. Like. A. Diva.

Idiots.



Not many singers can carry off "Man in the Mirror". All along I thought only Michael Jackson could do it.

Till Jermaine Sellers came in. (Not saying he's greater than MJ. MJ is unbeatable. Yes I'm biased)

This guy has the potential to improve the musical industry.

With so many digitally enhanced voices out there, it would really help if we had more "solidly original" voices.

Am I the only one who notices how different singers sound compared to their recorded music and onstage?

I can already list down a few....

Lady Gaga and Avril Lavigne are just two examples. (I'm not saying there aren't any "original" singers out there)

Now Jermaine here, with his talent he doesn't need his voice to be digitally enhanced.

Just a few voice lessons will probably do.

And just a few weeks ago I thought he'd go far.

And they dropped him like a bomb just like that.

It's sabotage I tell you.

My friend showed me one contestant who managed to remain on the show.



And I went hey good job dude, you managed to turn an okay song to a completely horrible song.

Then I read the title -

Lee DeWyze - Fireflies (American Idol 9 TOP 16)

And I went: WHAT?? This guy made it to the top 16??? ARE THEY INSANE?

I was even more pissed.

Dahlah I was stressing over my assignments at the time.

In case you were wondering, music is something I take very seriously.

And as an on again, off again American Idol follower, seeing talent like that being beaten up by people like that, seriously turns me off.

Am I disappointed? Oh you have no idea.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com