Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Good Thing

It's something most of us are never really grateful for.

Till it's too late.

Humans are such funny creatures.

It's weird how we never truly appreciate the people who matter, till they're gone.

And it's weird how most of us never really realize that.

Till it happens to us.

I guess we all need a reality check, once in a while.

We all think "Nah, it's never gonna happen to me."

The truth is, it can happen to anybody.

You may be lucky enough for it to "never happen to you".

In one split second, you could lose the one thing that matters most to you.

And by that time, it may be too late to get it back.

Appreciation.

That's what we all lack, I think.

If the world just appreciated more, cared more, we'd have less fights.

I have a friend whose dad just passed away.

As I listened to his story, it hit me.

His dad was around my dad's age.

And his dad died of a heart attack.

It is the saddest thing anyone could face.

In just one moment, his entire life is changing.

And there isn't much that he can do about it.

All I'm saying is, we need to appreciate more.

Love more.

The little things a person does for you do matter.

Even though you'd feel that it's not much,

You'd notice them even more when the person is gone.

It'd be too late to appreciate them by then.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to end up regretting the fact that I never appreciated the people that matter in my life.

So take note.

Love more.

At the very least, whenever there are changes, you will have no regrets.

Because you can tell yourself, you did what you could.

While it lasted.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com