Saturday, July 24, 2010

Prayer

I've come to terms with this fact,

That if I pray so hard for something, and it doesn't come true,

There's a reason.

See, I'm Christian.

And Christians have this strong belief in prayer, myself included.

I've always believed that if you pray hard enough,

Believe completely in God's power,

That prayer will come true.

There are things that I've prayed with all my might for.

Things that I've wished with my entire being to come true.

Some of these things came true,

Some didn't.

When they didn't, I kept asking why.

Why couldn't it come true?

I believed, didn't I?

I trusted, didn't I?

So what went wrong?

As time passed, and I grew,

I grew to believe that it happened for a reason.

I mean, God has always known what's best for me.

He's always loved me, given me everything I've asked Him for.

He's never really denied me anything that was good for me.

So if He denies me this,

I'm pretty sure it's for a greater reason that I can't see just yet.

I am His child.

And there is no way He would do anything to harm me.

This is my faith.

So what I'm going to do now,

Is to put my trust in God.

He knows better than I do,

If there was anyone who knew the right way,

He would.


I've let go the need to know why,
I'll take what answers You supply,
You know better than I.
-Better Than I, David Campbell

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com