Sunday, October 31, 2010

You said, They said


When you were 4,

You said,

I want to be like Superman!

I want to fly around,

Shoot laser beams from my eyes,

And fight bad guys!

They said,

No, that’s not possible,

Superman doesn’t even exist.

When you were 6,

You said,

I want to be the Prime Minister!

Lead my country,

Do better for my people.

They said,

That’s not possible,

It’s too hard.

When you were 12,

You said,

I want to be a doctor,

And find a cure for cancer.

They said,

Stop dreaming,

You aren’t smart enough.

When you were 16,

You said,

I want to be a rockstar,

Like Elvis and Jimi Hendrix,

A legend, rich and famous.

They said,

Get real,

You aren’t even talented.

When you were 20,

You said,

I want to change the world,

Make it a better place.

They said,

Who are you?

A tiny dot among billions.

Quit dreaming.

But when you think about it,

Most victories begin with a dream,

Usually with one person.

So why not be that person?

Who’s to say you can’t dream big?

Who’s to say it won’t come true?

So keep those dreams,

Dream as big as you want to,

And make them come true.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com