Thursday, February 25, 2010

Why I Don't Believe In Internet Dating

Because you meet guys like these.

(Click to enlarge)

I honestly have no idea who the fella is.

But I figured, since the guy managed to muster up the courage to ask, I should at least reply.


(Click to enlarge)

Apparently he didn't get the message that I'm dating someone.

And he is serious about it.

And is he really so socially handicapped that he doesn't even know how to get to know a person?

So I checked out the guy's profile.

I found that he has only 2 friends on his profile.

And he is desperately searching for a girlfriend.

He even posted up his phone number just so the girl (whoever is desperate enough) could call.

Last I saw his status message, he was complaining about how God made girls ugly and boring.

Bitter much?

This post isn't meant to bash him la....

Although it's probably headed in that direction.

But I seriously could not believe how desperate the fella was.

I reread the message like 10 times.

Then print screened it.

What if I did accept him though?

I bet he'd turn into those ultra psycho possessive boyfriends.

The kind that is so insecure,

He must know everything about you, EVERYTHING.

From where you are in public to which room you are in in the house.

He'd be texting me 24/7.

Like non-stop.

Must tell him everything I am doing up to minute detail.

"Dear ah, I'm at One Utama."

"Dear ah, I'm walking to Cold Storage."

"Dear ah, I'm walking one step forward."

"Aiyo dear, got someone cut me in front, must walk one step backward."

"Dear, I am showering."

"Dear, I'm brushing teeth."

"Dear I'm digging my nose."

"Dear I just farted."

If I don't tell, he will go,

"YOU DON'T WANT ME ADY IZZIT?? THERE'S ANOTHER GUY, ISN'T THERE???"

Pssshhhh.....

I cannot imagine living my life like this.

It's like having a CCTV follow you every second.

Or like having a GPS tracker pinned to my back.

And on those nights when I am rushing my assignments,

How the hell am I supposed to do them with Mr. CCTV watching my every move?

I don't understand internet dating though.

I don't trust it.

No human contact whatsoever aside from that flat screen and keyboard.

How do people bond like that?

I don't deny that there are cases where internet dating does work out,

But it's just not meant for me.

I really can't seem to trust it.

No offense whatsoever meant, just my two cents. :)

I shall end this post with an extract from one of my favourite songs:

Over there stands my angry angel
And he's shaking his head, in disgrace with me
Yeah over there stands my angry angel
And he's frowning like hell, but i'm not feeling guilty

-Angry Angel, Imogen Heap

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wooo

Enxhious said...

LOL. There are many countless guys who are like this on Facebook. They just don't understand the phrase 'I'm not interested'. Or they do, they just choose to ignore it.

Eileen said...

It's the 1st time I've met a guy like this. Too desperate la this guy... Like no gf can die. -.-

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com