Saturday, August 11, 2007

Chosen

I never thought it'd happen.

I went and checked with full force of confidence that I wouldn't be chosen.

I wouldn't be picked.

To my horror, I was.

I'm going for National Service for 3 whole months.

3 months without my family or friends and nowhere near the people I love. Unless I'm lucky.

3 whole months without a clean toilet/bathroom to wash myself in.

Hopefully I'm picked for 1st batch. The faster this all finishes, the better. And, I can still come back for Christmas and Chinese New Year.

My seniors have all said it was fun. That's some kind of consolation I guess. But still, why me? It's scary. Being in a place filled with people I don't know in somewhere I've never heard of with strangers. Far away from friends and family and all those people important to me. It scares me.

I literally screamed when I found out.

National Service.

Someone kill me.

For all I know I could be shipped off to somewhere in Sabah or Sarawak. No chance of anyone I know ever visiting me there. Unless Irene and her family plan a trip there. Unless they're willing to get air tickets for this. For me. To see me. Oh yea.. The prospects of it seem "so bright". Haha. Fat chance. No one's gonna waste hundreds of Malaysian ringgit just to see me for one day. It's somewhat the reality of life.

I'm probably gonna spend 90% of my free time writing letters. And when I get my phone I'll be talking 80% of that time. I'll miss them. My home. My friends. My family. Him.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com