Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009, an experience

In 2009, I have learned:

1. The CONCEPT
2. Moo Calcium sucks
3. I am not creative material (can die from overwork)
4. There's so much more about advertising that I didn't know. Kinda scares me.
5. There are more psychos around than I thought. I met two this year, one last year, and one in 2006. I've had enough to last a lifetime.
6. Advertising is..... Er I better not mention. My future job at stake here.
7. To be very very skeptical.
8. 24 Power Drink doesn't exist in Malaysia. How we managed to market this 'imaginary' product, I'm still trying to figure that part out.
9. Vietnam is a small country indeed.
10. I can crap 30+ pages on the Vietnamese language. And I can do it all in one night.
11. It IS possible to write a 200 + page report on Vietnam. I have never been so proud of myself, and my teammates.
12. That to save money in Jaya One, one must starve, and hang out at Cold Storage frequently.

2009 gave me:
1. Drama. Assening Assignments.
2. The ability to stay up for nights on end. (coffee + apples helps. Makes me very high indeed)
3. The realisation that I can juggle my assignments and exams at the same time. Literally at the same time. I'm still in awe of myself (perasanted-ness) though there were many side-effects (brain nearly died, I was in a zombie-like state for days)...
4. Wonderful people. The more people I knew, the more I learned.
5. Loss.
I still miss you both. RIP, grandpa and Uncle Simon.
I love you.

6. Strength.
7. Insomnia. I'm still having trouble falling asleep.
8. Bloody Shop. Drove me crazy for weeks.
9. A brand new college, complete with an awesome photo studio, audio room, lounge, MACs (Kay I don't use them but still), and a way better library. Oh yeah and we're getting a gym soon.
10. The opportunity to really work as an account executive. And boy, is it hard.
11. I have finally made a trip to Perpustakaan Negara. Semangat giler.

In the midst of it all, to be honest, I don't feel a thing about 2009 going away. I guess I'm really too tired to bother right now. When I realised that today was New Year's Eve, I was shocked. And I honestly don't know how I'm gonna spend this day. I have absolutely nothing planned, cos my plans are all.. uh. Unconfirmed.

2009 was dramatic. In a sense that so many has happened (If I were to blog about it, this post would be super long). We've experienced many deaths... Many significant ones, in fact. But all in all, boleh tahan lah. Next year, I'll be graduating. I'd love to see where that takes me.

So I leave you with this wish, that the next year will be much better for all of you.

It's a little early, but Happy New Year, guys. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com